Largo Winch Universal Forum$
Largo Winch Universal Forum$ Index

Menu principal :

### Community fic #3 ###
Auteur Message
fio
Genre: Genre:Femelle
MessagePosté le: 28 Juil 2003 07:27 pm    Sujet du message: Community fic #3 Répondre en citant

This fic was started on the ze-largo-winch-site.com and is continuing here.

Authors: Alyssa, fio, Jessica

Cardignac was dictating a letter to his new secretary (Marissa's replacement) when suddenly the phone decided to ring.

-"Cardignac" he said, giving one of his seductive smiles to Amanda, the new girl.

-"Mr. Cardignac, we have an interesting proposition to offer you that could make you a rich man..."

-"Wait, he said, just a moment please"

He then looked at his new secretary and told her:

-"You can leave now Amanda, have the rest of the day off..."

-"As you wish, Mr. Cardignac" she responded

She then took her belongings and went out.

-"You were saying?" said Cardignac to the person on the phone.

-"I was saying, Mr. Cardignac, that we have an interesting proposition for you. It is a delicate matter and it will be better if we discuss it in private. I am waiting for you in the Group W's parking lot. My car is parked right beside yours..."

Cardignac made his way down the the parking garage - trying his utmost best to look casual. But his eager, nervous step would have betrayed him to anyone looking close enough. Fortunately, everyone was busy with their own concerns, and he was hardly noticed.

Cardignac easily spotted his Ferrari, just where he'd left it this morning. Parked next to it was a dark-coloured Jaguar. Nothing too fancy, nothing that would catch anyone's attention. There was a shadowy figure behind the wheel - he couldn't make out the features, but he thought that he could see red hair. He walked closer, and the window nearest to him rolled down.

-"Get in," the figure said. The voice was low, quiet. Cardignac paused, debating the sensibility of getting into a car with an unknown person. His greed and curiosity got the best of him. He got in.

Cardignac was not scared at all. He had taken a quick look inside the car just to check to see if that guy was alone, and then, when he saw no one, he was releived.

-"You would have no objection, Mr. Cardignac, if i would put something around your eyes, i hope. My boss does not wish to be located".

-"Fine with me" Cardignac replied, a bit nervously. He had a small gun inside his jacket, just in case.

He was then blindfolded by the stranger and was now sitting beside him. He was wondering if he took the right decision as the car was running at high speed in the streets of New York.

-"Won't be long now, Mr. Cardignac.." the stranger said. "We are almost there."

A garage door started to open in one of the alleys as the black Jaguar aproached...

Cardignac felt the car stop, and then he was lifted by the arms and clumsily directed out of the car.

-"Come this way, Mr Cardignac," said the man that still had hold of one of his arms. He directed him to walk, and Cardignac could hear his footsteps echoing on the concrete. It smelled like they were in another parking garage.

-"When will I get to take this off?" he asked, his voice sounding a bit annoyed.

-"Be patient, Mr Cardignac," the man said. "Soon, soon, all will be revealed."

-"Follow me, Mr. Cardignac" said his driver taking one of his hands and bringing him far away from the Jaguar.

-"You have nothing to fear" he said again with a deep low voice. "But first, we have to make sure that you are not carrying any weapons."

Another tall man in a dark suit approached and began to inspect Cardignac all over with his hands. He had felt Cardignac's small gun inside the jacket in the hidden pocket and was now removing it.

-"I see that your a careful man, Mr. Cardignac." said his driver.

Cardignac knew that his gun had been found. Still blindfolded he replied:

-"If it's my small gun that you're talking about, I always carry it with me. It's become a habit...Will I get it back when we're done?"

He did not get any reply. A short man came over and gave a sophisticated metal detector to the first one.

-"Don't move, Mr. Cardignac. Just another small verification." said the other man as he pressed on a button and began inspecting from the top of Cardignac's head right down to his shoes.

-"He's clear" said the man to the driver and then went away.

-"Ok, Mr. Cardignac, we are going to walk a bit. You will have a few stairs to climb."

Cardignac was taken again by his hand and given instructions while moving along. They had climbed a few stairs, gone through a couple of doors and taken the elevator. He was then brought inside an office where a man with grey hair and a long and pointy beard was sitting. They had removed his bandage from his eyes.

-"Welcome, Mr. Cardignac" said the man approaching and shaking hands with him. "Pardon me for this procedure, but it was necessary. Please take a seat."

As Cardignac was sitting down he had a strong feeling that he saw that man before. Maybe a long time ago, discussing business with Nerio in a chic New York hotel's restaurant...

-"We know that you have little liking for Largo Winch," the man said, eyeing Cardignac closely. Cardignac scoffed.

-"That's practically a matter of public knowledge," he said, trying to make himself sound good. "I can't stand the way Largo runs the company. And neither can some of the other board members."

-"How would you like to get rid of Largo Winch?" the man asked.

-"I'd love to - but Largo has the unfortunate good luck to get out of any scrape he gets into."

In his mind, Cardignac played over his options. He could join with this man, or, he could lie and then tell all to Largo later... but which would be in his best interests?

-"Well myself and my associates have a proposition for you. You agree to report to us, Winch's every move and in return we will cause him to fall from his seat of power."

-"Give me sometime to think, Mr. ...?"

-"Smith, will do for now. You have 48 hours to decide what you will do. My men will bring back to the Group W parking lot."

By the time Cardignac had arrived back in the parking lot he had made his decision. He would not betray Largo, though he did not like the man, he was fair and would not indiscriminately hurt people, including people like himself.

Cardignac went to Largo's office and knocked on the door...

Nobody answered. Largo was probably out on a meeting and he had forgotten about it.

The next day his secretary came towards him as he was opening his office door.

-"Mr. Cardignac, this was at the reception for you. The receptionist just gave it to me on my way in."

(Picture taken from http://www.planete-lw.de-france.org)

-"Thanks, Amanda." he said as he got in his office. "Anything else for me?"

-"Yes, she replied. A couple of contracts for Winch Air to sign. Aircraft supplies to order..."

He still had that envelope in his hands and needed to relax before to start his day.

-"Amanda," he said. " be an angel please, leave the papers on my desk and get me a coffee."

-"As you wish, Mr. Cardignac" she replied. She enjoyed her coffee breaks, especially lately when she had bumped into Largo, the big boss, waiting for his coffee...

Cardignac was sitting at his desk. He couldn't wait to open his envelope. Inside there was 2 car keys and a picture of the car of his dreams. A note was inside too: FOR YOU AND MORE WHEN YOU WILL ACCEPT OUR OFFER.

Cardignac stared at the keys, and the photo, for a long time. Even though he knew he should tell Largo, he was incredibly tempted. How great he would look driving up to work in his new car!

The phone rang. He jumped in surprise, then picked it up.

-"Cardignac," he said.

-"Largo here," came Largo's voice over the phone. "Do you have those contracts for Winch Air ready?"

Cardignac paused, and wondered to himself if he should tell Largo now...

-"Yes, Largo. They're ready. My secretary will bring them right away."

Amanda, his secretary came in with the coffee. She had bumped into Largo in the hallway moments before and was happy that he had noticed her, especially after she had given him one of her nicest smiles...She gave Cardignac his cup.

-"Thanks." he replied. He took the papers Largo wanted and gave them to Amanda.

-"Bring these to Largo, Amanda. He seems in a rush to have them."

Amanda happily took them with a smile and went out of his office. Another opportunity, she thought as she knocked on Largo's door.

Largo opened his door.

-"Oh, Amanda, thanks." he told her as he took the contracts. "Ever since Cardignac hired you, it seems that his efficiency level has risen."

She gave him again one of her biggest smile and answered back at him:

-"Thanks, it's very flattering of you Mr. Winch. I guess it was because he didn't have a secretary since the last one. What happened to the last one, she quitted ?"

-"Who ? Marissa?" asked Largo

-"Oh, that's her name? Every time i ask Mr. Cardignac about her he avoids the subject. As a matter of fact, everybody's around here is avoiding the subject. Did she do anything wrong?."

-"It's a long story," Largo replied, looking a bit grim.

-"Oh." Amanda looked disappointed.

-"You'll have to excuse me," Largo said, "I'm in a bit of a rush." With a charming smile, he closed the door, leaving her standing in the hallway. She paused there for a moment, still wondering about Marissa. Who could tell her about this other secretary? She thought for a moment, then turned and walked down the hallway, towards the elevator. She knew that Largo's security staff had information on everyone. Maybe they'd still have some on this Marissa...

Just as the elevator door opened, she saw Kerensky with his equipment coming out. Sullivan had problems again and wanted to make sure nobody had put another bug in his office during his vacation.

-"Hi." she said, smiling at him. He stopped, looked at her and didn't answer.

-"So, you're the great Kerensky heh? " she asked. Now she had his attention. He said with a smile:

-"Great? where did you get that from?"

-"Oh, i overheard Simon saying that to Largo last week." she replied.

-"Well, flattery will get you everywhere," Kerensky remarked with a smile. "Can I help you?"

Amanda looked at him, and bit her lip. She hated to seem nosy, but she was just too curious.

-"Largo said to me today that since I became Cardignac's secretary, things have been getting done. What happened to his last secretary? No one will tell me anything."

The smile on Kerensky's face faded, and he looked grim.

-"If you'll excuse me," he said, his voice quiet. He turned and walked back to the elevator.

She had let him go, silently. He looked lost in his thoughts and had forgotten about Sullivan. Just as the elevator door opened he remembered and turned back. She was surprised to see him passing beside her again. He looked so cold, and had a sad look on his face almost imperceptible to most people but she knew that talking about Marissa had stirred some feelings in him. For once somebody reacted to that name as if he had regrets...Interesting, she thought...very interesting...as she saw him opening Sullivan's door and getting in.

She had calculated that she had wasted more time than Cardignac allowed her and returned to his office.

-"What took you so long?" Cardignac snapped, as Amanda returned to his office.

-"Sorry sir, it took longer than expected," she replied.

-"Do me a favour," Cardignac said. "Keep away from Kerensky. He's got his own work to do. And so do you." She nodded, and got an armful of papers for her trouble.

-"I need you to sort these, then deliver them to the appropriate departments," Cardignac said. He was in a bad mood, mostly because he was thinking too hard about his new car.

( You can see a picture of the car at http://gallery.consumerreview.com/car/gallery/files/gold550_03lrg.asp )

He had waited for his secretary to get out of his view and gently took that mysterious envelope with the picture in it. That Ferrari car sure looked appealing. What was more appealing was the note written behind the picture: THIS IS JUST A BONUS AND IT'S YOURS IF YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS.

He had to do some serious thinking now. Largo was getting on his nerves lately. Maybe the decision would not be that difficult after all...still, his intuition was telling him not to do anything foolish. Largo might not be that merciful if he ever screwed up...

-"All I'd have to do is just tell them what Largo's up to," Cardignac thought to himself. "That isn't so hard. And it isn't really being that disloyal..."

He slid the photo of the car away for the moment, just in case someone would walk in. He sat in his chair, pondering the possibilities. Perhaps a night out on the town was what he needed to make up his mind...

The rest of the day passed by quickly for him. He knew where he would go: to that new bar that just opened downtown Manhattan. The waitresses looked pretty, serving clients, skimpily dressed, and the music was good. He had overheard Simon talking about it to one of the executives at their last board meeting while they were waiting for Largo to arrive.

As he walked down the hallway he saw Alicia coming towards him. He started to wonder if he could involve her too in his schemes...

-"Alicia, come here for a moment," he said, putting a hand to her waist. Alicia looked at him.

-"What is it Michel?" she asked.

-"Just trust me," Cardignac replied, steering her into his office and closing the door.

-"Make it quick Michel, I was just on my way to lunch," she said.

-"You still want to get rid of Largo, right?" he asked.

-"Of course," Alicia replied. "What did you have in mind?"

-" Now you are going to have to trust me on this Alicia. This is big."

He started to tell her everything that had happen to him, leaving out his bonus. After all, what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her, he thought.

After hearing the whole story she decided she had nothing to loose to try. Michel had promised her Largo's penthouse as a bonus if everything would go as planned.

-"And what exactly do you want me to do, Michel ?" she asked him.

-"For now," he replied. "Just keep an eye on Kerensky. He's the dangerous one at Group W, beleive me..."

-"You know that Kerensky is the one who scares me," Alicia complained. "I never know when he's going to be watching. Plus, he's just too quiet."

-"That's why he needs to be watched," Cardignac stressed to Alicia. "He finds things out far too quickly. If he catches on to this, we're done for."

-"All right Michel," Alicia capitulated. "But I don't want to risk more than I have to. Remember all the other times this has been tried."

He felt so much releived as she left his office. At least he would not be the only one to blame if something awful would happen. Time to relax now. He walked out of his office, took the elevator and went right to his car.

He then opened the door on the driver's side and sat down to start the engine. His cell phone started to ring.

-"Cardignac here, what can i do for you?" he asked. He could not figure out to whom belonged that phone number showing on his ID Motorola new cell phone.

-"Did you like the look of what was in the envelope?" a man's voice said.

-"Yes, I did. Very much indeed," Cardignac replied, feeling a bit nervous.

-"On delivery of the first bit of information we need, we will let you know where you can pick up your car," the voice said.

-"What do you need?"

-"What is Largo Winch's next deal? The one that's been under wraps?" the voice asked.

Michel paused - should he say anything? What if they were from a rival company? Group W doing badly was going to affect his stock too, not just Largo's.

Cardignac continued, "I'm not sure, I did not get a chance to look at them, I do have a copy, I can get you the info in the morning." he lied.

-"Very well, but Mr. Smith will be unhappy," the voice replied.

-"Good night" and with that he hung up the phone. Cardignac knew what he was going to do. He was going to Largo, he had invested too much of his life in Group W for anything to happen to it.

He then got out of his car and went up to Largo's office. He knocked on the door, and Largo yelled, "Come in."

When Cardignac did and said, "We have a problem, I have been aproached by a man who wants me to report your every move and in return you'd be brought down."

Largo started to laugh saying:

-"You're serious Michel this time? heh?. Last time it was a bomb threat that turned out to be one of your jokes."

Michel made one of those angry grimace.

-"Hey, Michel," Largo replied. "I'am only joking. So tell me about it..."

They went down at the bunker to continue the conversation. Cadignac wasn't feeling comfortable talking about all this to Largo. He knew that with his luck, one way or another Largo would have found out or, i would say, Kerensky would have found out for him. And he knew what Kerensky was capable of...

He started from the beginning when he had met that strange man in his parking, telling him all he could remember but left out the car Mr. Smith had promised him.

-"I couldn't know where he was bringing me" he told Largo." I was blindfolded. But it should have took him no longer than an hour to get there. But again, the guy could have went around in the city to make me beleive that we were going far."

-"Kerensky, do we still have the parking surveillance tapes for that day?" asked Largo.

-"Just a second," Kerensky paused and then continued, "No, someone blacked out the security cameras, but the backup cameras have footage. I get them up and running in a second."

Once it was up and running, Largo and co. watched the tapes. "There is something familiar about that man." Largo commented.

At that moment Joy walked into the bunker, looking pale and worried, "Largo..."

-"Alicia's been kidnapped," Joy said. "There was a note found in her car. And I think it has something to do with Michel." She turned towards Cardignac, who had the grace to look ashamed.

-"I didn't know what was going to happen!" he protested.

-"Never mind that Michel," Largo said. "I think I know who that guy is - he looks awfully familiar. Maybe Nerio did business with him. Sullivan might know." He picked up the phone and called Sullivan in his office.

-"Can you come down here John? I need you to see something," he said. Kerensky was tapping away at his computer.

-"I think I can get an ID on that guy for you," Kerensky said. "Just give me a few minutes..."

They knew they had to act quick. Cardignac microscopic's transmitter hidden in the plastic covering his car keys he had received in that envelope had done its purpose. Michel had them in his pockets and was not aware that he was under surveillance.

Alicia's abduction was very easy for them. She was in a hurry and hadn't notice the man hidden behind her back seat. She had gotten into the car to find herself with a gun pointing in the back of her head the minute she had tried to start the car. A van passed by and she was transfered inside without showing any sign of resistance.

Back at the bunker, Sullivan and Cardignac tried to identify the picture of a 35 year old male, blond, with short hair. Largo came to take a look

-"I know where i might have seen him" recalled Largo. "He was at Nerio's funeral probably. One of the guys shooting at us that had managed to get away."

-"I figured, i'd seen him somewhere too." added Kerensky

-"Hey, he's the one who blindfolded me and drove me around to bring me to Mr. Smith." said Michel.

-"I need to call Alicia," Michel said.

-"What for?" Largo asked. Michel looked a bit guilty.

-"You didn't get her involved TOO?" Largo asked incredulously.

-"Yeah, I did," Michel admitted. He took out his cellphone, and rang Alicia. There was no answer. Just then, a call came into the bunker.

-"There's been a call," the security agent said. "From a man asking for a ransom for Miss DelFerrero." Largo grabbed Michel by the collar.

-"This time Michel, you've really gotten Group W into trouble," he said.

-"Sorry, I did not know things would get out of hand so quickly. Be happy I decided to come to you and not betray Group W." Michel grumbled.

-"Be careful next time," Largo warned.

Joy walked into the room after knocking on the door, "Largo, we have a big problem, bigger than Alicia being kidnapped. It's..."

You are now welcome to add a line or a paragraph or two to this fic. Just press on Reply...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur
Jessica
Windows Cleaner
Windows Cleaner

MessagePosté le: 19 Sep 2003 01:29 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

...It's Simon, he's disapeared as well. Not that I'm saying that Alicia's disapearence is terrible or anything. It's just the fact that he was supposed to be at a meeting today, but he didn't show up. We sent some security guys to his apartment...

Hope my contribution will get things moving! icon_smile.gif
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer un email MSN Messenger
Forum Index > Community fanfictions

Sauter vers:  

From the Largo Winch TV series, adaptated from the comics by J. Van Hamme and P. Francq © Dupuis Films/M6/TVA/AT, 2002
Forum Powered by phpBB © 2006 phpBB Group (Basic design & pictures by: Fly Center & Némésis)
Adaptation by Baron_FEL for LW UniversaL Forum$ from Shadowed version by Shadow AOK
Modifications and content are copyright © 2000-2010 LargoWinch.net